Justice of the Peace
JP Desk Hours:
Mondays & Wednesdays, from 10am – 2pm & Saturdays 9am -1pm
JP Desk Location:
The western entrance near Coles
Further information about JP Services, including other JP availability in the Cairns region,
Justice of the Peace (JP) Service Desk at Mount Sheridan Plaza
The Justice of the Peace (JP) Service Desk at Mount Sheridan Plaza is located the western entrance near Coles, and is open:
- Mondays: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Wednesdays: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am-1:00pm
The JP Desk is CLOSED on Public Holidays.
A JP can:
- witness documents
- witness statutory declarations
- witness affidavits
- witness and administer oaths and affirmations
- certify a true copy of an original document.
What a JP expects of you:
- understand the content of the form you are asking them to witness, and its consequences
- bring all required identification and supporting documents
- be patient—JPs are volunteers giving their time to assist you
- respect the time they spend assisting you.
If you need a signature witnessed, do not bring pre-signed documents; the JP needs to witness the signing.
A JP will NOT witness a blank document.