Justice of the Peace
Mondays and Wednesdays, from 10:00am till 02:00pm & Saturdays from 9:00am till 1:00pm
Service Desk at Mount Sheridan Plaza, located near Coles at the North Western Entrance
Further information about JP Services, including other JP availability in the Cairns region:
Justice of the Peace (JP) Service Desk at Mount Sheridan Plaza
The Justice of the Peace (JP) Service Desk at Mount Sheridan Plaza is located near Coles at the North Western Entrance and is open (excluding Public Holidays) on:
- Mondays: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Wednesdays: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am-1:00pm
A JP can:
- witness documents
- witness statutory declarations
- witness affidavits
- witness and administer oaths and affirmations
- certify a true copy of an original document.
What a JP expects of you:
- understand the content of the form you are asking them to witness, and its consequences
- bring all required identification and supporting documents
- be patient—JPs are volunteers giving their time to assist you
- respect the time they spend assisting you.
If you need a signature witnessed, do not bring pre-signed documents. The JP needs to see the signing take place.
A JP will not witness a blank document.