There’s never been an easier (or sweeter) way to raise change for animals in need than RSPCA Cupcake Day (seriously, it’s a piece of cake!).
All you need to do is register online, spread the word to friends, family and colleagues, get baking (or buying, because let’s be honest, ain’t nobody got time for that) and bank your funds to make a real difference!
RSPCA Cupcake Day gathers bakers from across the nation, on August 21, to make a stand for animal welfare. Despite its name, you can bake (or buy – I’m talking to you Janice…) brownies, slices, muffins or cakes throughout the months of August and September – it’s entirely up to you!
So, whack out your recipe book, don your apron and get whisking! (Note: Janice please do not mistake ‘whisking’ for ‘frisking’ again, RSPCA does not condone this behaviour).
Why participate in Cupcake Day?
“Bake cupcakes they said. It’ll be easy, they said…”
So why ‘out yourself’ and your poor baking skills to colleagues and friends? (No Stacey, your brownies DO NOT make you #wifematerial). For the animals, of course!
Absolutely 100 per cent of funds raised will help rescue, rehabilitate and rehome the 135,000 animals that come through RSPCA shelters each year. If you sell a cupcake or baked good for a humble $2, you can really make a dif-fur-ence.
Let’s do the maths:
- 12 cupcakes can provide an orphaned kitten with a bed, litter tray, meals and a toy
- 25 cupcakes can cover one week of antibiotics for an animal recovering from surgery
- 50 cupcakes can de-sex a cat or dog so that they can be adopted
- 120 cupcakes can subsidise emergency surgery for an animal
- 175 cupcakes can subsidise the cost of prosecuting a cruelty offender in court
Need a better reason? Okay, we’ll give you three:
- You get to eat copious amounts of baked treats (AKA ‘the dream’)
- It improves workplace morale (I mean who doesn’t partake in cake!?)
- Your boss will give you a raise (okay, well maybe not a raise… but plying someone with sugar before you ask them for something is always a good idea).
Three ways to get involved
There are so many ways to get involved in RSPCA Cupcake Day and play your part in helping to fight animal cruelty. These include:
- Hosting a Cupcake Day and banking your funds – cook (or buy) some baked goods and sell these to your family, friends and colleagues throughout August and September. Then when you’re ready, bank your funds.
- Donating to a Cupcake Day – show your support for RSPCA by purchasing baked goods from someone else hosting a Cupcake Day.
- Giving to RSPCA Queensland – you can make a donation directly to RSPCA Queensland anytime by completing our easy online donation form.
So what are you waiting for? Head to rspcacupcakeday.com.au and show friends, family and colleagues how you roll by baking a difference for animals in need.